Raleigh Among Top Moving Destinations in 2020
Despite a challenging year for most, the city of Raleigh still ranked among the top 10 cities for inbound growth, according to a new report by relocation services provider Updater.
The study, which analyzed a random collection of 1.5 million household moves across the country between January and November of this year, listed 3 North Carolina cities in the top 20: Greenville at #1 overall, Raleigh at #7, and Wilmington at #10.
The goal behind the report was to get an idea of what cities most likely saw an increase or decrease in population, as well as to identify any trends in where people are moving and why.
Some of the other highlights of the report include the following:
- The largest, most densely populated cities saw the biggest spike in resident departures.
- Southern states that were already seeing spikes in population growth also saw a noticeable spike during the pandemic.
- Wilmington and Raleigh both jumped into the Top 20 in 2020.
- 17 of the top 20 cities mentioned for spikes in inbound growth are warm weather cities.
And just in case you're interested, here are all of the Top 20 cities for inbound growth for 2020...
- Greenville, North Carolina
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Denver, Colorado
- Spokane, Washington
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Dallas, Texas
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Reno, Nevada
- Austin, Texas
- Tampa, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Fort Myers, Florida